I’ve got some new followers
I figured they might be interested in knowing some things about me, so ask away (old followers may ask too, and feel free to ask anything else if you want to).
I may not answer until after my hockey game tonight.
1. What is you middle name?
2. How old are you?
3. What is your birthday?
4. What is your zodiac sign?
5. What is your favorite color?
6. What’s your lucky number?
7. Do you have any pets?
8. Where are you from?
9. How tall are you?
10. What shoe size are you?
11. How many pairs of shoes do you own?
12. What was your last dream about?
13. What talents do you have?
14. Are you psychic in any way?
15. Favorite song?
16. Favorite movie?
17. Who would be your ideal partner?
18. Do you want children?
19. Do you want a church wedding?
20. Are you religious?
21. Have you ever been to the hospital?
22. Have you ever got in trouble with the law?
23. Have you ever met any celebrities?
24. Baths or showers?
25. What color socks are you wearing?
26. Have you ever been famous?
27. Would you like to be a big celebrity?
28. What type of music do you like?
29. Have you ever been skinny dipping?
30. How many pillows do you sleep with?
31. What position do you usually sleep in?
32. How big is your house?
33. What do you typically have for breakfast?
34. Have you ever fired a gun?
35. Have you ever tried archery?
36. Favorite clean word?
37. Favorite swear word?
38. What’s the longest you’ve ever gone without sleep?
39. Do you have any scars?
40. Have you ever had a secret admirer?
41. Are you a good liar?
42. Are you a good judge of character?
43. Can you do any other accents other than your own?
44. Do you have a strong accent?
45. What is your favorite accent?
46. What is your personality type?
47. What is your most expensive piece of clothing?
48. Can you curl your tongue?
49. Are you an innie or an outie?
50. Left or right handed?
51. Are you scared of spiders?
52. Favorite food?
53. Favorite foreign food?
54. Are you a clean or messy person?
55. Most used phrased?
56. Most used word?
57. How long does it take for you to get ready?
58. Do you have much of an ego?
59. Do you suck or bite lollipops?
60. Do you talk to yourself?
61. Do you sing to yourself?
62. Are you a good singer?
63. Biggest Fear?
64. Are you a gossip?
65. Best dramatic movie you’ve seen?
66. Do you like long or short hair?
67. Can you name all 50 states of America?
68. Favorite school subject?
69. Extrovert or Introvert?
70. Have you ever been scuba diving?
71. What makes you nervous?
72. Are you scared of the dark?
73. Do you correct people when they make mistakes?
74. Are you ticklish?
75. Have you ever started a rumor?
76. Have you ever been in a position of authority?
77. Have you ever drank underage?
78. Have you ever done drugs?
79. Who was your first real crush?
80. How many piercings do you have?
81. Can you roll your Rs?”
82. How fast can you type?
83. How fast can you run?
84. What color is your hair?
85. What color is your eyes?
86. What are you allergic to?
87. Do you keep a journal?
88. What do your parents do?
89. Do you like your age?
90. What makes you angry?
91. Do you like your own name?
92. Have you already thought of baby names, and if so what are they?
93. Do you want a boy a girl for a child?
94. What are you strengths?
95. What are your weaknesses?
96. How did you get your name?
97. Were your ancestors royalty?
98. Do you like big butts?
99. Color of your bedspread?
100. Color of your room?
Almost every successful person begins with two beliefs: the future can be better than the present, and I have the power to make it so.
Reminder for myself
Chick fil a wasn’t exactly right.
Ask for what you want. Give other people the opportunity to say “yes”. Stop saying “no” for them.
Somehow it seems my ibuprofen wound up not in my hockey bag where it normally is. As a result I was rather very aware that it’s been only a few days since the ten+ miles of tough mudder.
But I pushed on through the fatigue and pain and had a decent game anyway (short shifts, short shifts, short shifts)
I was playing on the left wing, which is a bit awkward being right handed but no big deal. It started out poorly when our goalie let in the first shot of the game, which was very savable. But we had a full ten skaters and didn’t give up, even after they scored another one.
We were able to come back and tie it up, with some good offensive pressure and some much better goaltending as the game went on.
Personally I was on the ice for the first one against us and both goals we scored, for a plus one. I didn’t score or get direct assists on either goal but helped out earlier on both plays that lead to the goals with some good forechecking pressure and decent passing. I also had a couple of good chances that I wasn’t able to do much with and set up other guys pretty well a couple times too.
It was a fun game and nice to be able to be competitive for the first time this season. I could’ve done with a bit more energy and less complaints from my shins and thighs.
After the game I felt obligated to try some of the home brewed beer one of my teammates brought. It was no tough mudder finish line Dos Equis but still pretty good.
Minneapolis / St. Paul 2014 Tough Mudder recap
There’s no way I could’ve recapped this past Saturday even half as well so I’m just reblogging this with a few of my own comments added, in (parentheses and bold italics).
the following is my recap of the Minneapolis / St. Paul 2014 Tough Mudder recap. as always, i will try to keep it as factual as possible. the majority of the write-up is after the break. i apologize in advance for anyone reading this on their phone..
i participated in the event with the following team mates: @mrstrivialbob, @iamrunner,@awakemysoul69, @littlerunnergurl, @trivialbob, and @abqryan. i would not have completed the obstacles without them. some Tough Mudder obstacles definitely take team work and each of our team mates contributed their individual abilities to help us finish the Tough Mudder as a team.
i woke up around 7 am before my alarm was set to go off at 7:17 am. i put on some shorts and t-shirt and went to the hotel restaurant for breakfast. i had coffee, some scrambled eggs, sausage, and a bagel with cream cheese. i was fairly full, but figured it would be a couple of hours before we ran and i would need the fuel. (My breakfast was smaller and a bit later)
more after the break…
I forgot to mention…
Aside from jumping off a plank 30 ft up in the air into muddy water (big fear!!), the highlight of the mudder was being able to carry snapthistiger for the Wounded Warrior obstacle.
I know my awesome team already posted a bunch of stuff, but sitting here tonight, thinking about it all, I just really had the best time. Every single one was so encouraging, inspiring, and motivating, especially awakemysoul69 when she rallied and finished strong!
I did not skip any obstacles. I tried everything. I swore, a lot. Ha! But I always kept going. I pushed myself in the running portions as much as I could, and when I got to something that scared the crap out of me, my teammates were great at helping me overcome those fears.
10/10 will do again. I have talked so much about it since I got home, my husband is now on board to do one too!
I have to completely agree, it was a great experience, in large part because of the great group we had together. It was without a doubt well out of my comfort zone and something I’d have never, never signed up to do on my own, yet I still had a very good time and won’t rule out doing it again. That’s even more impressive since I now know it includes ten miles of running/jogging (which I was unaware of when I first signed up). I don’t even feel very bad about all these lingering aches, pains, scratches, and bruises.
It’s supposed to just be one solid glob, right?
Today has been pretty horribly busy and hectic
At least I know where I went wrong
Photo evidence of the bad assery from yesterday’s Mudder. I know they’re not the best quality but we took these with disposable cameras.
1. We’re not in this one but it shows the depth and intensity of muddy-ness.
2. Me and iamrunner after #1 (and I think mrstrivialbob’s shoulder).
3. The team after the first pit-stop. Feeling decent and kicking ass.
4. Me and littlerunnergurl doing arctic enema. It was really effing cold and going under was severely sobering.
5 & 6. littlerunnergurl doing the cage crawl and another pic of the obstacle just in general. This one scared me more than any other and I actually did it. This alone gives me a sense of pride and accomplishment.
7. Electroshock therapy. The last obstacle. iamrunner and I started off together but got shocked pretty quickly and separated.
8. Me - with the end in sight I pushed thru, getting shocked only once more. When they put that headband on me I cried a little, for real. That moment is gold.
I couldn’t have asked for a better group of people with whom to do this. All inspirations, all supportive and all awesome in the truest sense of the word.
Thank you, team, so very much. ❤️
I recall the visibility being slightly better. And I personality wasn’t afraid of any particular obstacles (because I intentionally did zero prior research on what they were). Other than those two points I completely agree with everything.